Professionalism Equals Success, Says Jaipuria Noida Alumnus Prashant Shukla10 November 2012 / by The CampusEra (author)
Prashant Shukla who is a graduate of the 2008-10 batch, he said his one bit of advice to Jaipuria students would be to “learn professionalism”. “I Professionalism is the key to success”, says Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida alumnus, Prashant Shukla.” It’s one of the main things he learned at Jaipuria Noida, along with how essential it is to take part in extracurricular activities, possess networking skills and have the ability to interact with different corporate persons.
Currently with All e Technologies Pvt. Ltd. serving as a business analyst for Microsoft CRM, Shukla started out as a territory manager for Hindware in Gurgaon, before moving to Dubai to work as a sales trainer for Citibank. Next, he took up his current posting, but will soon be on the move again, this time to Sydney, Australia to work for CEMBS PLC. “By the end of this month, I’ll move to Australia and switch my job and stay there for two to three years,” he said. “It’s a great overseas opportunity – that’s why I’m taking the leap!”
Shukla has fond memories of Jaipuria Noida, his favourite being working for the entrepreneurship and placement cells. “Under the entrepreneurship cell, I worked as a head co-ordinator. In the placement cell, I was made the placement co-ordinator and that was really important for me. It was a great opportunity, as I gained in-depth knowledge about industry and I was taught about professionalism. These things helped me to groom myself and move smoothly to an industry in working life.” He has high praise for the placement procedure at Jaipuria. “As I was the placement co-ordinator at Jaipuria, I knew all the processes and procedures there. The placement cell works really hard to get their students placed. They help at each step, conduct workshops, tell students what to do and what not to do, and how to crack the job interview.”
One of the main things he learned from the Jaipuria placement cell – and that is taught to all students – was that it is very important to ask the interviewer questions, as it indicates that the student is confident enough to be a part of the company. “I don’t think any other B-school teaches their students this factor,” he said. In fact, his praise extends to all areas of Jaipuria Noida. “I see a lot of change in myself from when I started”, said Shukla. “The grooming I’ve received, and the ability to sustain it in industry, are all aspects that I learned at Jaipuria.” He suggests that everyone do his or her MBA at Jaipuria Noida. “I think Jaipuria Noida is the best. I also think that in the time to come, Jaipuria is going to be among the top 10 B-schools in India.”
At Jaipuria Institute of Management, we understand the power of education. We aim to provide our students with a transformational experience; one that will liberate their minds, encourage them to think out of the box, to learn and imbibe the nuances of management practices, to innovate and to make informed choices.
- 67 years of educational experience.
- 4 locations, 6 distinct PGDM programmes, 1 unique delivery.
- 95+ full time eminent faculty members across four locations.
- 55+ visiting faculty members from industry and other top institutions.
- 250+ national and multinational companies to recruit.
- 100+ CEO and senior managers interact with students and deliver leadership lectures.
- International linkages for global student and faculty exchange programmes with Universities in USA, Finland, Switzerland, Thailand and Taiwan.
- 400+ research papers published in International and Indian Journals.
5 books published.
- 150+ MDP’s offered for top and middle level managers.
- 100+ administrative and support staff.
- Today, it is alma matter of over 3400+ alumni, who are currently working in different sectors of business and industry across the country.